Write for us
We do NOT accept guest posts, but if you are a travel writer, or hoping to get into the industry, we offer a number of ways you can contribute to 101 Holidays. Please read this page in full before submitting anything to us.
July 2020: please note that we have temporarily suspended the acceptance of articles due to the coronavirus pandemic.
1. Writers can submit travel articles to our team of editors. We pay between £50 and £100 per article published, depending on its length and complexity.
2. 101 Holidays runs an internship programme, allowing you to write for us on a part-time remote basis with regular interaction with our experienced editors. Many of our interns have gone on to staff jobs in travel journalism. Details here.
If you would like to submit an article to us, please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Firstly familiarise yourself with our site. We tend not to publish first-person travelogues, for example. Do not write to us saying: “I am going to X. Would you like an article about it?”
2. Although we do not have strict word counts, most articles we publish are between 800 and 1,500 words.
3. Ensure your article is original and unique, with excellent spelling and punctuation.
4. Send your article in Word or Pages format. Do not send photos, although you may tell us that photos are available. Alternatively, send a link to a Dropbox folder or Flickr page.
5. Email your article to mark @ 101holidays.co.uk. Please note that because of the volume of submissions we receive, we cannot guarantee a reply to your email. If we reject your article or you do not hear from us, please don’t ask us for a critique or reasons for rejection. We do not offer this service.
6. Any commercial relationships between the author and any companies mentioned must be detailed at the end of the article and in your covering email. If you have taken a press trip with a company, you must state this.
7. The subject of your email must be: Travel writing submission. If you don’t do this, we will not read your email.
Published articles remain the intellectual property of the author, though we retain the right to publish the article on our website and third-party websites through syndication programmes. We do not pay for use of photographs, though good images will always increase the chance of an article getting published.
If your article is selected for publication, we will pay you between £50 and £100 by direct bank transfer or PayPal within 7 days of publication.
101 Holidays provides trusted advice and holiday inspiration from a team of award-winning travel writers. To get an idea of what we publish, see our month-by-month holiday recommendations: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, and these articles. We have niche sites about singles holidays, family holidays and short breaks. Also, see our sister site for 101 Honeymoon ideas.